- The cool, gentle breeze, my tousling your hair.
- The silence of night, my calming your cares.
- The bubbling of brooks, my chuckling laugh.
- The falling of rain, my giving you bath.
- The crashing of surf, my humming to rest.
- The soft fallen snow, my dear heart expressed.
- The mountains so grand, my strength in defense.
- The rainbow so clear, my diverse love blend.
- The colours of dawn, my courage so brave.
- The swaying of boughs, my comforting wave.
- The thunder so strong, my clap in delight.
- The stars of black sky, my protective might.
- The warmth of the sun, my kiss on your brow.
- The sound of the leaves, my whispered sure vow:
- That though you forget, my child so dear,
- All these remind you that mother is here.
Listen to me read this poem:
Like my poetry? Send me a pledge on Patreon for as little as $1 per month. Get pre-release access, watch me write my poems live, and even access exclusive video of me explaining the symbols and metaphors in the poems.