Mary and I have been married for over 15 years. Sure, it’s not 50 or 75 years, but I like to think we have a good marriage, and I like to think I have learned a thing or two about how to stay married.
I thought I would share what I have learned.
- Every time you say goodnight or goodbye, make “I love you” be the last thing you say. If one of you die, there will be no regrets about what you said last to each other.
- Boast about your spouse’s virtues, but keep their vices a secret.
- You don’t always have to prove you’re right. Even if you are.
- If your disagreement is getting cyclical (“Yes you did” “No I didn’t” “Yes you did”, etc), stop.
- Don’t wait until Valentine’s Day or Mother’s/Father’s Day to show appreciation to your spouse.
- Do things you know your spouse hates doing.
- Every time you feel like criticizing your spouse, think of two positive things to share instead.
Regan and his cub pack joined another cub pack for the Kub Kar Rally tonight. This was Reganâ€™s first Kub Kar rally, and I did not help him with his car at all.
They split the cubs into three groups according to year (first, second and third).
Because of the numbers and the variability in the surface between the 6 lanes, each group had several runs, and then their overall placement was averaged out.
Reganâ€™s group had several rounds, seven of which Regan was in.
Here is how he placed:
Weâ€™re not sure what place he hit overall because they announced only the top three, but we think he did pretty well for havingÂ designedÂ the car entirely on his own.
Above is my cultural heritage: paternal on the left and maternal on the right.
Cr = Cree
Cz = Czech
D = Dutch
E = English
F = French
G = German
Sc = Scottish
I have a little Spanish in there that goes way back, and I may have Danish but have been unable to confirm that yet.
Say hello to our newest addition.
Aiobheann Bree Holly Siever was born 1 March 2009 at 03:38. She weighed 3 kg (6 lbs 10 oz) and was 48 cm (19 in) long. She joins her sisters SinÃ©ad and Aisling and her brother Regan.
I got rid of my dog today.
My neighbour sent three complaints to the City complaining Apollo was barking incessantly.
It’s an odd claim to make because he rarely barked. When he did bark, it was usually a single bark. On the occasion it was more than once, each bark was about 30 seconds to a minute apart.
I have heard incessant barking, and Apollo’s barking was not it, not by a long shot.
When the City informed us today they were issuing us a $100 fine, we decided to take him to the pound. We can’t afford to pay $100 regularly because Apollo’s barking echoes in our neighbour’s head.
We got Apollo to keep people out of our yard. Prior to getting him last fall, several persons used our yard as a thoroughfare to get to and from the alley. We’ve had things stolen from our yard, including clothes from the clothesline.
I guess it’s all moot now though.
Aisling Elisabeth Winter Siever was born today at 17:23 (MDT). Labour went well (about 6.5 hours) and Mama and baby are nursing contently.
More details to be posted on our family website.